Finding your Belkin Wireless Router IP
To Access your Belkin Router.
belkin router ip:
Your internal belkin router ip address is used as the default gateway for your home wireless network.
It is this belkin wireless router IP which your connected wireless equipment look for to exit your home wireless network and go out to the Internet to find and locate their destination.
It’s notable to understand that Belkin wireless routers have both an Internal IP Address and an External IP Address.
The internal Belkin router IP is normally set to the default address of 192.168.2.1, or by entering https://router in the URL field of your Internet browser.
If your router is already setup and configured and you want to know your networks router ip that it uses for its internal gateway.
All you need to do is run the “ipconfig” command at a shell prompt using any computer or device currently connected to your wireless home network.
Checking your Internal Belkin Router IP:
- Using a connected computer or tablet launch a shell prompt by Clicking on…
Start\All Programs\Accessories\Command Prompt
This will open a command prompt window and display your current working directory path ending with a blinking cursor as your prompt.
- Next, enter the command: “ipconfig” and press the “Enter” key.
- After the command executes and information is displayed, scroll up near the top of the output and note the “Default Gateway” 192.168.2.1 used by many Belkin Routers.
This is your inside Belkin wireless router IP for your wireless home network.
If you wish to modify or change the default internal router IP address, you may do so by entering the Belkin Router Setup pages stored inside your router Belkin configuration menus.
Belkin Router IP Address
Modifying the Belkin Wireless Router IP Address:
In this demonstration we’ll be displaying the router setup menus from an AC1200 series wireless router, although most Belkin wireless routers consist of comparable configuration menus, so just pay attention and you will understand the basics.
Our lesson will show how to change the “Inside” IP address of a Belkin wireless router, for those who require modifying the Belkin public IP Address for your router we can present documentation on that as well, just submit a technical question.
To access the routers internal setup menus you need to access your Belkin Router Login page using your routers IP address.
- If you need assistance with the Belkin Router Login process, WHNME provides detailed instruction for just about all designs of Belkin wireless router being offered.
The home page when entering the configuration of your Belkin IP router will be the “Router Setup” page, displaying a navigation page on the left half of the screen.
- Sign in the router using the Belkin Router Login credentials for your routers model.
On the Navigation pane, you will find a link labeled “LAN Settings” under the section labeled “LAN Setup”.
- Next, click on the “LAN Settings” link on the navigation bar on the leftside of the screen, and it will take you to the Belkin wireless router ip address modification screen.
The “LAN Settings” page will be displayed allowing you to modify the current or default Belkin IP. Make the necessary changes for your internal network default gateway in the fields provided.
- Once you have entered the new Belkin ip address, click on the “Apply Changes” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you have applied changes to the routers configuration, just unplug the power at the back of the router, wait 2 minutes and plug the power back in to make the new internal Belkin ip become active on your home wireless network.
TIP: When your router Belkin IP is completely rebooted and is fully powered up to a ready state, you will also need to restart all your network devices connected to your wireless home network, so they inherit the changes from the new settings.
Thats it! You have now modified the Belkin Router IP for your wireless home network.