How to login to a linksys wireless router
Linksys Router Login is very similar between all the various models, and you don’t need to have the installation CD that came in the box.
All linksys router setups can be performed manually in just a few minutes
Setting up your router is a great way to become familiar with router setup.
All the features that your wireless router contains are located in the routers firmware, which is accessible through a computers web browser.
In this example were going to be demonstrating how a Linksys router login is performed for the first time, and will be using the E1000 Linksys router.
- Linksys Router Address
- Linksys Router Access
- Linksys Router Password
- Linksys Router Reset
- Linksys Router Setup
- Linksys Wireless Router Security
- Qos Packet Scheduler
- Linksys Router Reviews
- Linksys Best Price Routers
Now lets get started in setting up your Linksys wireless router.
Linksys Router Login
Configuring The Router:
- Take the linksys router login material out of the box, and gather these 3 items ( the router, the routers power cord, and the Ethernet cable/network cable)that came in the box.
- Take one end of the network cable and plug it into “port 1” on the back of the router.
- Take the other end of the network cable and plug it into the network port on your PC or laptop.
- Make sure your PC or laptop is powered on, and booted up to a desktop and ready for work.
- Plug the routers power cord to the back of the wireless router, and the other end to a working AC outlet.
- Let the router power up for approx 3mins, until the router is at a ready state.
Logging Into the Router:
- On your PC or laptop, open an internet web browser, such as Internet Explorer or Firefox, or which ever browser you prefer when cruising the web.
- Don’t worry about the error message ” No web page can be displayed “.
- just go to the URL address line where you normally see the web address displayed, and type in:HTTP://192.168.1.1 and press the “enter” key.
- A Linksys router login box should appear on the center of your screen, prompting you for a username and password.
- The username should be “admin” and the password should be “admin” also, then click the OK button to login to your router.
Creating a Name for Your Network:
- You should now be logged into your linksys router login dialog window, and your internet browser should be displaying the routers configuration and setup screen.
- On the opening page for the Linksys configuration screen, click on the link labeled “Wireless” and then on the sub-section called “Basic Wireless Settings” in the upper right hand corner of the page, as follows.
- In the field labeled “Network Name (SSID)”, enter a name for your network.
- NOTE: try to avoid using spaces in your network name. example: instead of naming your network SMITH FAMILY, use SMITHFAMILY instead, spaces can cause problems with naming conventions.
- After you gave it a name, scroll down the bottom of the page and click on the “Save Settings” button.
Creating a Router Passphrase:
- Now we need to setup a security passphrase for your wireless network, to keep other people from using your network for free… like your neighbors. Click on the link “Wireless Security” near the middle of the configuration page, as follows.
- On the wireless security page, click in the field labeled “security mode” and choose WPA2 Personal.
- In the passphrase box, create a unique passphrase that one would not be guessed easily, perhaps using a few capital letters, and or numbers in it.
- Now that you created a passphrase for your wireless network. This would be a great time to write it down, and put it in a place you can find it, like writing it on the bottom of the router.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Save Settings”. After the router is finished saving your passphrase key, you can close your internet browser, unplug the power to the wireless router, and disconnect the network cable from the PC or laptop and also the other end connected to the back of the routers internet port.
Connecting the Router to Your Modem:
Now that you have configured your router for use, lets get it connected properly. Have the items needed in front of you, which are ( the linksys router login appliance, routers power cord, and the Ethernet cable/network cable)that came in the box.
- Take one end of the network cable and plug it into the “internet port” on the back of the router, which is usually yellow in color.
- Take the other end of the network cable and plug it into the network port on your internet modem that was provided to you by your Internet Service Provider.
- Plug in the power cable for your router in the back of the router, and the other end into a working AC outlet.
NOTE: if you are using a desktop PC and do not have a wireless network card, you will have to connect an additional network cable from your desktop PC to Port 1 on the back of the router. If, you have laptop or your desktop with a wireless network card, then the network cable is not necessary because you’ll be connecting wirelessly to your router.
- Now, to make sure all equipment is working properly and communicating to each other, we’re going to reset all the equipment, so that TCP/IP passes IP’s from your ISP, to the MODEM, to your ROUTER, and then to your PC or laptop. so please follow the next instructions precisely.
- Unplug the power cable from your Internet Modem, and your Router, so that they are both powered off, and wait 2mins! for those of you that are impatient, perhaps you should get stop watch, because rushing it will only make it not work, and cause you to get frustrated.
- First plug in the power to your Internet Modem, and wait another 2mins. We’re doing this because the modem needs to request an IP address from your Internet Service Provider, and go through its power on cycle until its reached a “ready state” after about 3mins.
- Next plug in the power to your Router, and wait another 2mins. We’re doing this because just as the modem needed to request an IP, your router is doing the same thing from your modem. After the router is all powered up and at a “ready state” meaning 2mins have passed, you may proceed.
Connecting to the Internet:
- Go to your PC or laptop, and restart it and let it boot up all the way to your desktop screen.
- If your using a desktop PC with a wired network connection, open your browser and you should be able to browse the web.
- If, your using a wireless connection, then look in the lower right hand corner of your computer screen near the time display, and put your mouse pointer over the wireless connection manager icon, and click on “connect to available networks”.
- A dialog box should appear on your screen showing all available networks. Look for your network name and double click on it, and then enter the “passphrase key” you created during the linksys router login setup process, and press enter.
- Once it displays “connected”, simply open your internet browser, and you should be on the web. Enjoy!
That’s it! Your Linksys Router Login is now ready for use!