How to Reset Linksys Router
Linksys router reset should be done only as a last ditch effort to gain access to your routers configuration.
The reset will set your wireless router back to factory default settings and erase your routers configuration.
All the settings you may have set for applications, and gaming systems to access and communicate via the Internet will need to setup again.
If you have previously setup Port Forwading for public services on your network to allow access for email servers, video conferencing, online gaming or any other specialized Internet applications, these ports will be blocked again.
Things to do before you begin!
Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) may require that you enter specific or “static” IP configuration information to connect to the Internet.
This information can be obtained from your ISP, if needed.
Now that we’ve gone over some of the possible issues that may occur when we do a router reset, lets perpare your wireless network for the changes to come.
The first thing we need to do is turn off all your wireless home network devices, because after the Linksys router is reset they will no longer be able to connect to your wireless router.
After the router is reset and reconfigured again, you can turn on your wireless network devices one at a time and connect them with the new settings.
Linksys Router Reset
Resetting The Router:
In this example we will be using an Linksys E1000 wireless router.
- Unplug the power cable from your Linksys wireless router, and insure that all the lights are out and that the router is completely powered down.
- Turn the Linksys E1000 around, so you can view the back of the router and locate the small button that reads “Reset”.
- Using a small utensil such as the end of a paperclip, we’ll need to press and hold the “Reset” button for 30 seconds while the router is powering on.
- Holding the “Reset” button for 30 seconds, during its power on cycle will reset Linksys router and release any stored settings within the routers internal memory back to its factory default settings.
- Wait until the router has been fully powered up with the WLAN and Internet lights on, and the router is at a ready state.
Now that you know how to reset Linksys router back to factory settings you may need help in Setting Up Linksys Wireless Router, and we provide all the instruction you’ll need.
That’s it! Your Linksys router reset is now complete!