Linksys Router Address
Linksys wireless router IP address:
Your Linksys wireless router IP address is the default gateway address for your internal network.
This is the address or location your computers or wireless enabled devices look for to leave your wireless home network to go out on the Internet.
A Linksys router address is normally set to the default address of 192.168.1.1
If you need to check what your Linksys router address is that your network packets use to leave your wireless home network, just issue the “ipconfig /all” command from any computer in your home that has Internet access.
Checking The Router IP Address:
- On your computer or laptop open up a command prompt by clicking on:
Start\All Programs\Accessories\Command Prompt
This will open your computers command interpreter window showing your current path followed by a blinking cursor.
- Type the command: “ipconfig /all” and press enter.
This will display detailed information about your computers IP configuration. Simply scroll up to the top of the information and look for the “Default Gateway” address which is typically set to 192.168.1.1
This is your Linksys router address for your home network.
If you need to change your Linksys router IP address, due to your ISP’s modem using the same internal address, it can be done by accessing the routers setup and configuration pages.
Linksys Wireless Router IP Address
Changing The Router IP Address:
- Start by signing into your Linksys Router Access web browser page.
The Basic Setup screen is the opening page you will be looking at when you access the router.
- The opening screen will be the “Setup” tab, displaying the “Basic Setup” sub-menu. Scroll down to the “Network Setup” section where it displays your Linksys router address as follows.
The (IANA) Internet Assigned Numbers Authority designates the worlds Internet global assignment of IP address ranges, DNS root, and other Internet protocol specifications.
- Once you know the new Linksys router address you would like to assign, simply make changes to IP octet fields provided.
- Scroll down the bottom of the page and click on the “Save Settings” button to confirm the changes.
- To have the new Linksys wireless router IP address come into affect, simply reset the router by clicking on the “Reboot” button near the bottom of the page.
After the router is rebooted, you’ll need to reboot or power cycle all the devices on your internal home network, so they’re aware of the new default gateway address.
Thats it! That’s all there is to it.